I’ve just been made aware of the existence of…

4 Feb

… the greatest website in the world. Good, clean fun that you can feel free to peruse at work. Thanks, Marc.

7 Responses to “I’ve just been made aware of the existence of…”

1. ThedaBara February 5, 2009 at 10:58 PM #

Dear sweet, crispy jeebus-I just spent an hour looking through that site(runs off to send the link to her friends)

• Nine Deuce February 5, 2009 at 11:02 PM #

Yeah, it’s the best thing I’ve found in months.

2. DustyBin June 22, 2009 at 2:38 PM #

Hmmm…OK, the photos are particularly bad, but sites like these leave a bad taste in my mouth. I really don’t find it cool to ridicule people purely based on how they look.

• karinova July 7, 2009 at 12:25 AM #

I’m extremely empathetic, so I think I know what you mean. (I can’t even watch Gong Show-type stuff; I’m too embarrassed for the contestants.) However, I’ve been to this site on occassion, and I think teh funny isn’t so much in how these people look, it’s in how they think they look.

And (for me, anyway) the humor is definitely rueful— I’ve got some mid-80s to mid-90s public school picture-day shots that I sure wish my mom would lose. I’m talking about full-on acid wash, paper-bag waists, two-toned LA Gears (with two-toned socks) and insanely oversized Hypercolor t-shirts. No, I don’t know what we were thinking. Sadly, that was the desired look. So I look at those pictures and I’m like, “Oh dude. Been there.”

• Nine Deuce July 7, 2009 at 12:28 AM #

It’s not based on how they look, it’s based on the fashion and style. I like the lasers and the library backgrounds more than the people.

3. Immir April 17, 2010 at 8:18 PM #

Yeah, the people in the photos aren’t even ‘ugly’… they just are funy pictures. Lol @ the christmas photo with the fake mountain scene.

4. unintentional feminist May 26, 2010 at 2:47 PM #

for more ridiculus outfits and 80s hair, check out http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/