17 Sep

Meet Samsquanch, everyone. I got him last week. He takes a lot of naps in between kicking everything’s ass.

7832_280796805081_837220081_8942972_3357727_n7832_280796795081_837220081_8942970_3847463_nDSC000067832_282392005081_837220081_8972135_1698322_n

40 Responses to “Here’s where I fulfill everyone’s “radical feminists are cat ladies” stereotypes.”

1. Eirwen September 17, 2009 at 7:03 AM #

Oh my God he is so cute!

Who cares about stereotypes anyway? If we followed them we couldn’t have any kittens.

2. Rachael September 17, 2009 at 7:07 AM #

Cute! Oh my God, is he kicking ass with his cuteness?

I love animals.

• Nine Deuce September 17, 2009 at 7:08 AM #

He attacks everything. The floor, chairs, pillows, etc. But not people, so that’s good.

• Rachael September 18, 2009 at 4:42 AM #

He really is adorable. :) I’m sure he’ll be a great cat.

3. polly styrene September 17, 2009 at 7:09 AM #

Yup, that is cuter than a very cute thing.

4. redmegaera September 17, 2009 at 7:16 AM #

That’s just about one of the cutest cats I’ve ever seen! The last photograph reminds me of my dog, which is definitely part cat…

5. isme September 17, 2009 at 10:07 AM #

Nawww. I like the third one, where he looks like he’s had enough of being photographed.

6. Ren September 17, 2009 at 10:20 AM #

Very, very cute. There seems to be a lot of new kitties around these days!

• Nine Deuce September 17, 2009 at 10:26 AM #

Yeah, you have a pair of new kittens, right? I saw your photo. They’re so cute! I think you’ve got your hands full with the girl.

• Ren September 17, 2009 at 10:35 AM #

yep, i do. cats are sort of like evil, wrapped in fluffy cuteness.

7. James September 17, 2009 at 10:44 AM #

Oh my god so adorable!

Is it an English Blue? My cat looks quite a bit like that, but bigger.

• Nine Deuce September 17, 2009 at 3:47 PM #

He is. He’s only a few months old.

• James September 17, 2009 at 4:46 PM #

I figured by the bundle-of-fluff-ness. Mine started off about that small (I was at university at the time) and he’s coming on two years now. <3 English Blues. Mine attacks everything too.

8. Faith September 17, 2009 at 11:57 AM #

I miss having a kitty. I can’t have pets where I live. :(

9. crankosaur September 17, 2009 at 4:12 PM #

What are you trying to do to me? So much cuteness may well make my head explode!

10. syndicalist702 September 17, 2009 at 6:34 PM #

I love cats. I have always loved cats. I’m allergic to cats.

Go figure.

11. joankelly6000 September 17, 2009 at 7:52 PM #

Okay the first and the third photos either need to have trigger warnings in front of them (ex. “may cause involuntary help-that’s-so-cute noises to escape”) or go straight to Fuck You, Penguin.

Baby animals need to stop overwhelming me.

• Nine Deuce September 17, 2009 at 10:05 PM #

I’d never heard of Fuck You, Penguin. I think it’s my new favorite website.

12. Sarah September 17, 2009 at 9:12 PM #

Kitten. Tongue.

Omg.

13. buttersisonlymyname September 17, 2009 at 11:10 PM #

I could just eat him.

14. hexy September 18, 2009 at 12:51 AM #

What a beautiful kitty! I envy the snuggles.

15. Claire September 18, 2009 at 2:32 AM #

Looks like it’s Cute Kitty Day.

Lovely. :)

Still readin’.

Hugs,

Claire.

16. Hattie September 18, 2009 at 3:59 AM #

The cat thing seems to be the only stereotype about us that’s true. Well that, and we’re too smart to have a bunch of kids.

Sigh. I have four kitties right now, all adults. It’s so hard not to get another one, and pics of your cutie doesn’t help. He looks like he’s going to grow up to be one of those big, easy going male cats, which are my favorites.

Congrats on the new addition to your family!

17. Laurel September 18, 2009 at 9:36 AM #

Blue cats are special. I don’t think you’ll have many dull moments with this little guy.

Is he an American Shorthair? He has a cute little short face.

• Nine Deuce September 18, 2009 at 4:48 PM #

He’s a British shorthair.

• Laurel September 21, 2009 at 9:33 AM #

Ah, OK. Cobby little darlin. (-:

18. Isa September 18, 2009 at 9:48 AM #

Awwww, holy crap, what a cutie. I wish I could hug him. Also, awesome name.

19. pattilain September 18, 2009 at 11:47 AM #

I think anyone with a heart loves kittens, not just feminists… My husband started out a dog person, but our kitty changed that.

ND, he’s so cute. Getting kitten envy… I miss them being small and unco-ordinated.

In the third pic, you can see what a badass he is.

20. karinova September 18, 2009 at 4:04 PM #

Awww!
    Samsquanch looks EXACTLY like my cat did at that age. Beware, he may grow huge! My cat (Mr. Peep) weighs an astounding 17lbs, and the vet assures me he’s not overweight; he’s just… like that. He’s not purebred, but she thinks he’s at least partly, if not mostly, Chartreaux (not to be confused with Russian Blue), and apparently they get big. Real big. Also, they talk a lot, which Mr. Peep does (hence his name).

And screw the “cat lady” stereotype. My guy had a pit bull when I met him (a total creampuff of a dog; sadly, he died), and now he’s a complete slave to the cat. And literally every guy who comes to my house wants to have him. He’s just so darn fuzzy!
    Also, he fetches. Seriously.

21. Level Best September 18, 2009 at 4:29 PM #

I love, love your new kitty. And I appreciate your blog very much, although I am about 99% a lurker!

22. Jenn September 19, 2009 at 6:17 AM #

Naturally rad fems, being smart, will share their abodes with only the best of things: the cat. I live with three cats myself.

Your kitten is adorable. I want to bottle the cuteness and carry it with me forever. I just squealed like a twelve year-old at a Jonas Brothers concert.

23. polly styrene September 19, 2009 at 8:38 AM #

I like pic 4 where he is relaxing with his “prey” having successfully hunted it. My now departed cat had a habit of stealing balls of wool to have in his basket when he was a kitten.

Which was very cute.

24. Gayle September 22, 2009 at 12:47 AM #

Cute Kitty!

25. eibhear September 23, 2009 at 6:56 AM #

Faith, I amn’t allowed any pets in my digs, either (sob!). I WANT A KITTY!!

26. Embee December 3, 2009 at 5:46 PM #

“Evil wrapped in fluffy cuteness.” No wonder cats are talismanic for feminists… :)

27. Immir March 14, 2010 at 7:42 AM #

I’m a total cat person. Good work, you’ve moved up yet another notch with me X)

28. Savanah July 27, 2010 at 3:51 PM #

hope you adopted/rescued and didn’t buy. :)

29. Jennie November 29, 2012 at 3:37 AM #

What a sweetie. I love animals. Sadly my baby kitty passed away this year. She was sixteen! She was full of love and peace and had no malice for anything. Now I have had a beautiful red nose Pitbull:) Please don’t listen to the stereotypes..it’s all how you raise them. Mine is a rescue and is very happy to have a home. Enjoy your new kitty:)

1. Why Do Liberals Love Cats? « Gucci Little Piggy - March 12, 2012

[...]  And within the internet, people of more liberal persuasions have an even greater affinity for cats.  That the internet is relatively liberal itself – what with the emphasis on the [...]