Please watch this.

9 Jul

16 Responses to “Please watch this.”

1. berryblade July 9, 2009 at 10:31 AM #

That was even better than waking up this morning and finding that the Diva Cup really DOESN’T leak.

this video > everything

• bonobobabe July 11, 2009 at 12:22 PM #

I love my diva cup!

2. bonobobabe July 9, 2009 at 1:24 PM #

Unless it morphs into a completely different song after one minute and thirty-six seconds, I can safely say that I don’t like it.

Why? Because it sucks, it’s stupid, it’s too electronic for my tastes, and I just don’t like it.

3. Christina July 9, 2009 at 8:09 PM #

Resistance is impossible!

4. xochitl July 9, 2009 at 9:09 PM #

Have you seen Koyaanisqatsi?

5. Kita July 10, 2009 at 8:43 PM #

I would respond, but my retinas are still burning and I can’t seem to stop the ear bleeding.

6. Nine Deuce July 10, 2009 at 8:50 PM #

Does it help that this video came out in 1980?

7. Aunti Disestablishmentarian July 10, 2009 at 10:16 PM #

If you liked that, you might like this.

Part of an early electronica subgenre: Space Disco.

8. Polly Styrene July 10, 2009 at 10:38 PM #

Not really. That was the decade that brought you the Smiths. Though the visuals are strangely reminiscent of Gilbert and George. I wonder if that’s where they nicked the idea from (G&G).

9. IU July 12, 2009 at 3:28 AM #

Hey Nine Deuce,

I’m pretty new to feminism. I didn’t see a way to contact you that’s why I’m leaving this here. I was wondering if you could write a post on how modesty/undmodesty are both just tools of the patriarchy to control how women dress and to not have to take responsibility for their actions and “uncontrollable lusts.”

I apologize if you’ve already written a post on this and I missed it.

It would also be great if anyone could could point me to posts on the same subject anywhere else on the blogosphere.

10. harmony July 14, 2009 at 6:28 AM #

“If, after you have done so, it isn’t your favorite band/song/video, then I’ll need you to explain why.”

not enough women in bikinis shaking their stuff.

11. Polly Styrene July 14, 2009 at 9:53 PM #

(shamelessly plugs own blog) I wrote a post on why we shouldn’t ban the burka.

12. Immir March 6, 2010 at 3:14 PM #

1980, you say? You have to give them credit- that is way ahead of their time. And the film clip is a real trip. I’m actually sort of charmed ^^