I live in New York. I know there are a lot of radfems in or near New York.

6 Jan

Doesn’t that mean we should all try to meet up and hang out? We could wear masks and shit to protect our identities. I’m just saying.

10 Responses to “I live in New York. I know there are a lot of radfems in or near New York.”

1. panoptical January 7, 2009 at 11:20 PM #

I live in New York. But I’m somewhat shy.

2. Nine Deuce January 8, 2009 at 5:33 PM #

That’s what beer is for.

3. gwytherinn January 24, 2009 at 5:53 PM #

I live in New York, though I haven’t found many radical feminists. I think that save for 1 or 2 friends, everyone who knows me has labeled me “that crazy feminist.” Bah.

4. oag February 1, 2009 at 11:58 PM #

i know someone in nyc who is looking for the same thing. get in touch with me via GB.

5. undercover punk February 7, 2009 at 12:27 AM #

I do not live in NY, though I’d love to rant with you live & in person. I am, however, a Bostonian radfem. Anyone care to do some patriarchy-bashing in the Bay State?

6. Nine Deuce February 7, 2009 at 4:46 AM #

I’ve been thinking about going to Boston lately, since I’ve never been, but it’s too fucking cold right now.

7. harmony March 30, 2009 at 12:41 AM #

i live in toronto but have planned since age 18 to move to new york after graduating teacher’s college. i plan to open an alternative school there.

by the way, about the name of the facebook group “sex-positive leftists critical of bdsm” (which i posted a link to in an earlier comment), i don’t mean ‘sex-positive’ in the co-opted ‘third wave’ sense (which is more like sexploitation and domination positive!) … i mean for real sex-positive. yeah, we gotta reclaim that term!

here’s the link to the group again: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=64053174528

if you like what you read, can you post it as one of your links? i’d like to get the word out! :)

8. heidi heilig March 1, 2010 at 7:49 PM #

I love your site, just found it and am going back through your archives. Saw this post and decided to let you know, i live in Brooklyn too and if there are any parties planned — or hell, if you want me to plan one — let me know and i’ll be glad to join or host. :)

• Nine Deuce March 3, 2010 at 8:25 AM #

It seems that my dream of a radical feminist kegger will never come to fruition, but I’m always up for beer.

9. heidi heilig March 3, 2010 at 1:34 PM #

today a growler, tomorrow a case? :) i’m in the prospect heights area of BK. you’re in brooklyn too, right? or maybe a more centrally (i.e. manhattan-y) located bar?